Registration Renewal Fees in Texas
If you need to renew or replace your Texas Car Registration, you may have to pay several types of fees: a vehicle registration fee, inspection fees, local and county fees, and the state’s online processing fee. Additionally, if you choose to process your order online through our site, you will have to pay our agency fee. We’ve included a list of all the costs below:
Vehicle Inspection Fee:
- Before you renew your vehicle registration, your vehicle must pass an inspection. The cost of these inspections ranges from a fee of $7 to a fee of $40, depending on the station, the county, the type of inspection required, and the make, model and year of your vehicle.
- A state inspection fee will also be levied. The fee will be between $2.75 and $22, based on the type, the county, and the make, model and year of your vehicle.
Local and County Fees:
- Many counties in Texas also levy local registration fees. Depending on your county, these fees may range from $0 to $20.
State Processing Fee:
- As of January 1, 2017, the state of Texas began charging a processing fee of $4.75 when you renew your registration online. You can renew directly through the official state portal at http://www.txdmv.gov/.
Vehicle Registration Fee:
- Passenger vehicle or truck renewals are $50.75.
- Trailer/Travel Trailer renewals are $45.
- Motorcycle renewals are $30.
Our Third-Party Agency Fee:
- TexasCarRegistration.org charges an agency fee of $29.95 to process your online vehicle registration with the state on your behalf, as your agent. This fee is not required and will not be assessed if you choose to renew your vehicle registration through the official state portal. Our fee includes added-value benefits, including friendly and helpful customer service phone support, email support and live chat agents, error-free processing, a 60-Day Trial for a roadside assistance program and much more.
Credit Card Authorization Estimate:
- Please note that the fees you will see on our checkout page are an estimate based upon the information you have provided us with, including your car type, vehicle location, etc. At the time of purchase, we will authorize your card for this estimate amount. However, the final amount billed to your credit card may vary slightly from the estimate amount when we process your transaction with the state.
We guarantee your satisfaction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.